About: Deputy Superintendent
Deputy Superintendent Lee Willis
Office Number: 256-309-2163
I am proud to be a third generation Morgan County Schools educator. I graduated from Brewer High School in 1985 and subsequently from Auburn University. I hold a Bachelors of Science Degree in Agricultural Economics, M.Ed. in Agriculture Education and a AA certificate in Agricultural Education. I have served 29 years in public education of which I have spent 21 years in school administration. I worked one year at Colbert Heights in Colbert County, eight and a half at Speake School in Lawrence County before coming home to Morgan County the past 20 years.
I am a certified Alabama Chief Technology Officer from the Alabama Leadership in Educational Technology (ALET - Alpha Group). I serve on the Alabama Advisory Board to PowerSchool Student Information Systems.
I am a member of:
Alabama School School Superintendents AssociationAlabama Leadership in Educational Technology
Council for Leaders in Alabama Schools
Alabama Leaders in Educational Technology
International Society of Technology Educators
Deputy Superintendent Office Areas of Responsibility:
TECHNOLOGY MISSION STATEMENT:It is our goal to provide a vision within our district where technology integration supports and enhances curriculum at all grade levels through progressive and interactive resources.
- School Safety
- Title IX
- Board Policy
- Student Handbook
In pursuit of this vision, the Technology Department will:
• Provide and maintain a robust, reliable and secure infrastructure
• Facilitate with the maintenance of existing equipment and software and upgrade to current standards or versions whenever financially possible
• Facilitate with assistance to administration, staff, and students with training and desktop support
• Facilitate a communication bridge between school and community via the website
• Support and encourage 21st Century learning within