DANVILLE-NEEL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
DNES will provide opportunities for all students and employees to excel in learning, establish strong relationships and foster positive leadership.
Every child a graduate. Every graduate prepared to lead.
Discovering Never Ending Success…Full Steam Ahead
- Every student is a leader.
- All children can learn and are deserving of respect, love and compassion.
- All children should be provided a variety of instructional approaches to accommodate various learning styles and be actively engaged in their learning.
- All children can and will succeed.
- The school, home and community must share responsibility for the needs and development of children, while fostering an appreciation for individual differences and cultures.
- Differences in learning styles exist, therefore; students have the right to learn in a way that brings them personal success.
- The function of education embraces the act of preparing our students for living successfully in an ever-changing society by providing academic, social, emotional, physical, and character developing skills.
- Students and staff have a right to a safe and secure school environment.
- Self-discipline is a prerequisite for the development of higher-order thinking skills and lifelong learning.
- Each student has a responsibility for actively participating in his or her learning and achievement, as well as demonstrating self- management skills.
- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- Students’ learning needs should be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners