Welcome to the PJHS Counseling Department- Mrs. Gates
Welcome PJHS students and parents! I'm Mrs. Gates, the School Counselor. I have two sons of my own who attend Priceville Schools, Drew and Aiden, and a wonderful husband, Stephen and two precious miniature Schnauzers named Cam and Joy! We love to travel, spend time at sporting events, and watch Auburn Football! I have a Bachelor's degree in Psychology and a Master's degree in Counseling Psychology. My career history includes working at Mental Health Center as a case manager, at DHR as a child abuse investigator/forensic interviewer, and I have worked at two previous schools as a School Counselor. I have found my home and I absolutely love PJHS and our community. This is my 7th year as a Bulldog and I am honored to be here for our students, parents, teachers, and staff!
As a School Counselor, I perform the following roles in order to promote positive development in academic, career, and personal/social domains:
Please take a moment to browse through the site to learn more about our School Counseling program and resources.
- Individual counseling (temporary, as-needed basis)
- Small group counseling (grief groups, various support needs)
- Classroom guidance (i.e. Large group counseling)
- Attend and participate in academic intervention meetings
- Organize and administer standardized state testing
- Observe students in various school environments
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators &students
- Respond to school crises or emergency situations
- Provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues