Q & A
First, you should contact your local school to make an appointment with the Guidance Counselor.
You will need to bring the following documentation:
Proof of residence
Immunization Record (Blue Card)
Social Security Card (optional, but strongly encouraged)
The Morgan County Schools Counseling and Guidance Program is a comprehensive counseling and guidance program that helps prepare students for success in academic, career, and personal/social development. Counseling and guidance is an integral part of each school's total education program. The counseling and guidance program helps students achieve their full potential through four program delivery components: School Guidance Curriculum, Individual Student Planning, Responsive Services and System Support.
The Morgan County Schools Counseling and Guidance Program follows The ASCA (American School Counselor Association) National Model: A Framework for School Counseling Programs and the Comprehensive Counseling and Guidance State Model for Alabama Public Schools.
School Counselors perform the following roles in order to promote positive development in academic, career, and personal/social domains:
- Individual counseling (temporary, as-needed basis)
- Small group counseling (grief groups, various support needs)
- Classroom guidance (i.e. Large group counseling)
- Attend and participate in academic intervention meetings
- Organize and administer standardized state testing
- Observe students in various school environments
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators &students
- Respond to school crises or emergency situations
- Provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues