Welcome to the PES Library!
Librarian: Kathy Paseur Craig
Literacy Aide: Taleah Alexander
Emails: Email Ms. Craig
Phone: 256-341-9202 Ext. 38007
Hours of Operation: 7:30 a.m.-2:45 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Students in all grades may check out one book for a one week period. Additional books may be borrowed at a teacher's request (example--for a class assignment/project).
- A student may renew or recheck the same book for an additional week if he/she has not finished reading it.
- Any student with an overdue book may not check out another book until his/her account has been cleared. Teacher's requested exception--borrowed book MUST stay at school or student may get a discarded book.
- Fines are NOT charged for overdue books. However, a student who has lost or damaged a book is expected to pay the cost to replace the book issued to him/her. The cost to replace a book ranges from $5.00-$40.00.
- Students in grades 3 and 4 may check out a Kindle device with parental permission for a two week period. However, the device MUST be returned to the library at the end of each day. A signed permission form MUST be on file before a Kindle may be issued to any student.
- Please contact Ms. Craig or Ms. Alexander with any questions and concerns relating to a student's account.
- Easy/picture books
- Fiction/chapter books
- Nonfiction books
- Electronic books (e-books)
- QR Codes for books
- Audiobooks (cassette and CD)
- Book/literature sets
- Reference books
- Teacher/Professional Resources
- Kindles and Kindle Fires
- STEAM/Makerspace materials